Sunday, June 23, 2013

When Trust Matters

I learned a new lesson in leadership from my "younger" brother Terence.   When jumping exits on the freeway (crossing through exit/entrance ramps to stay on the main freeway), looking right is absolutely critical to avoid being roadkill.
Recumbents have a blind side on the right due to their low-riding, lawn chair seat positioning.

My leadership moment learning came when I began to follow Terence's upright bike movement.   He would be ahead of me and when he jumped, I jumped.  I had to trust implicitly his movement and precise timing when crossing through exits or entrances while avoiding cars zooming past at 70 mph.  At first, I was anxious because my  life was in someone else's hands.  But as I learned to move with him I grew to trust the guy ahead of me.

Sometimes you gotta trust the one who leads you--when your trust has a strong, caring relationship backing it.




1 comment: