Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Entertained by Royalty

Americano with two shots, please.  She shoved the cup across the bar and I settled in for some good brew when an old woman jumped betwix cup and lip.  "I saw you at the museum," she chirped. Well, yes.  Great museum-loved the section on cowboys of the old west and homesteading pioneers.  "Oh yes, those are my favorite sections too."

I was tired, sweaty, and in my cyclo-spandex clothes.  So I guess she couldn't help noticing I an out-of-towner.  "Let me introduce you to our mayor who has really moved our little museum forward."

That's when I met Lyn James, a nine-year veteran in the mayor's chair.  "Mighty fine to meet you, sir," Lyn said in a drawl that more belonged to San Antonio than Bowman, North Dakota.  Didn't take long to catch her joy of job and pride of town.   "I'm in meetin's a lot around here, but I still help my daddy with the branding."

Love what you do and do what you love.  That's Lyn's advice to us.  Who knows?  You might find yourself one day roundin' up, separatin', castratin', and branding while still managing to influence your community for good.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Lyn for taking a moment to chat with the two cyclists. And for serving your community with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the bikers we spot on unique bikes here in CO how come I have not seen you trailing through here?? We are so proud of you making this incredible adventure!! And I can't get over how well you look! Miss you and keep on safely trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for the kind and encouranging words! We are having the time of our life though grueling much of the time.

    I think it is time for a Hardy family vacation over to the Halls in Montany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas,
    Keep peddling friend!
    Love hearing of your adventures.
    Praying and cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete